Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Set Briefing Alarm

Alarm is one of useful feature inside Samsung Galaxy SIII that you can use to remind you about an important activity or appointment. Here you can determine the time and day you wish the alarm to ring to remind you.

See also: How to Set Alarm on Samsung Galaxy S3

In certain conditions, if you want to set the alarm not only ringing, but also tells you about the weather, your schedule and a news headline, then you can configure a briefing alarm which will allow you to get that.


How to configure briefing alarm?
Below are steps you need to do to set up briefing alarm on your Galaxy SIII:
  1. Go to Apps through Home screen.
  2. Tap Clock.
  3. Tap Alarm tab.
  4. Create new briefing alarm by tapping the (+) sign.
  5. Set the time and day as your wish.
  6. Tap Alarm type.
  7. On pop up menu select Briefing.
  8. Tap OK button in an information window.
  9. In the News widget settings, you can select the country and category of the news as your wish.
  10. Once you've finished, tap Back button to return to the create alarm screen.
  11. Tap Briefing content.
  12. On pop up menu, check all boxes next to the option (Weather, Today's schedule and News).
  13. Tap Save button to save your briefing alarm.
  14. Tap Home button to return to the standby mode

By knowing how to create a briefing alarm, now your alarm will not only ringing, but also give you the information about the weather, your today's schedule and news headline. So, have you ever tried to create briefing alarm on your phone?

9 comments:

  1. steps 1 -7 were great
    step 8 information window never opened

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian White,
      Thanks for coming.
      The information window will appears in the first time you create the briefing alarm. This window will tell you to select the country you wish to use. While in the next briefing alarm, the information window will no longer appear after the briefing alarm in the alarm type is selected, but you'll automatically redirected to the News widget settings to change the auto refresh, set default news and country settings.
      Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  2. My S4 doesn't have a briefing alarm option under alarm types and I don't know why - everyone else seems to have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fasaud,
      Thanks for coming.
      First, please let me know what is Android version are you using now? Is it Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or Android 4.4 Kitkat? I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with Android 4.4 Kitkat and I have a briefing alarm option.

      Delete
  3. I Have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Model SGH-1337M 4.4.2 KitKat. I used to have a briefing alarm option but it went glitchy and now I don't. I've already tried clearing cache from clock.apk, briefing.apk, restarts... All to no avail. Help please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yay_enomah,
      Thanks for coming.
      I found some S4 users confirmed that they lost the briefing option post update to Android 4.4 Kitkat. I myself still have the option on my GT-I9500 with Android 4.4, so I tried to figure out how to hide the option which I thought it can be used by you to bring back the option in your phone, but I found nothing.
      I'm so sorry I can't help you much

      Delete
    2. Hi, i have same problem after I turn off the alarm app once...rebooting or removing data don't work to turn it back...please help. (4.2.2)

      Delete
    3. Hi Jun Hojoong,
      Thanks for coming.
      If you don't mind, can you please tell me what is your model number?
      Is it 4.2.2 or 4.4.2?
      Did you make any change before you lost briefing alarm?

      Delete
  4. I have the Galaxy S3, and I utilize the briefing alarm, but I was wondering if there's a way to change that melody that plays right before it reads off the briefing?

    ReplyDelete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)